The Swedish FireKnife™ is a collaboration between Light My Fire and Mora of Sweden, and is one of the best camping knives we've ever seen. Mora has made top-notch knives for 120 years, and the expertise shows in the Sandvik 12C27 (HRC 56-58) stainless steel blade. Stainless steel stays sharp much longer than carbon steel and is far less sensitive to rust.
But this is more than just an extremely sharp, flexible, and sturdy all-around knife: the handle contains a fire starter. In other words, you can gut and clean a fish, split kindling, and light a campfire with one single handy tool.
- Received 50 Campfires "Gear of the Year" 2015 Award.
- Sturdy blade of Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel with a Scandinavian grind.
- Sturdy, half-tang blade.
- High-friction, anti-slip rubber handle.
- Polypropylene sheath with drain hole and belt clip.
- Includes an original Swedish FireSteel® Scout fire starter (integrated into the handle, twists right out!) to be used with the specially ground back of the knife—lasts approximately 3,000 strikes.
- Reliable performance at all altitudes and in cold weather—2,980°C (5,400°F) spark.
- Dimensions (in sheath): 8.9" x 1.8" x 1.5" (225 mm x 45 mm x 38 mm)
- Knife Length: 8.5" (215 mm)
- Blade Length: 3.75" (95 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.07" (1.9 mm)
- Weight: (w/ sheath): 3.4 oz. (94 g)
Here's a video they made to show the blade/firestarter in action (actual demonstration starts at 2:05 in the video):