Posted on October 04 2018
The ReadyMan Pocket Stove is one of those ingenious pieces of gear that once you start using it, you'll wonder how you ever got along without one. That's not to discourage doing things the old fashioned way, like cooking and boiling water over a fire you started by rubbing sticks together. But sometimes, (for most of us, all the time) we just want something that gets the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Using the ReadyMan Pocket Stove
This item is as simple to use as it is easy to carry. Just remove the stove from it's orange plastic case and insert onto the fuel canister by threading it on clockwise. Once the stove is fully tightened (by hand, no need for any tools) you can then spread out the arms to create a support for your pot or metal container.
With arms in place, twist the the valve open to let the gas flow and push the ignition button to ignite the flame. Open or close the valve to achieve desired heat and you're all set to place your pot on top and start cooking!
One the great features of this stove is that you can fold the tabs on the end of each arm to accommodate different sized pots or containers. This allows you to boil water in a small tin cup up to something with a diameter as large as 7".
While it is important to be well versed in survival skills and have the ability to get by without gadgets, there is something to be said for conserving time and energy. This little device also comes in handy when you just want to enjoy a quick cup of tea in the mountains on a fall afternoon. Either way, the ReadyMan Pocket Stove is something that is a must have for any bug-out bag or camping trip.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: Made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel, it can stand high temperature and weight.
- COMPACT AND COLLAPSIBLE: Perfect for ultralight camping and backpacking. Comes with carrying case for enhanced portability.
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with any 7/16 thread single butane/butane-propane mixed fuel canisters (EN 417)
- FLAME CONTROL: Adjustable control valve for fast maximum heat output, all the way down to a simmer quickly and efficiently
- LEAVE NO TRACE: Adheres to “Leave No Trace” principles set forth by the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and National Park Service.